Activities in Big Biller are commonly used to document your completed work throughout the day, but they can also be used to schedule events, follow-ups, or reminders for the future. You can schedule Activities for specific dates or times, or leave the time field open to add it to your task list.
For those Activities scheduled with a specific due date and time, you also have the option of adding a Notification. Notifications can be applied to these timed Activities as reminders for upcoming events, calls, meetings, etc.
When a Notification time arrives, you’ll see the indication in the bell icon in the top right corner of the software. In addition, you can also take advantage of your browser’s notifications so you’ll be reminded even if you happen to be logged into Big Biller, but looking at another web page.
To set an Activity Notification:
- Start by scheduling an Activity
- After selecting the appropriate Activity Type and any Related Records, add the Due Date and time and then click the Add Notification link
- Please note that a start time is required for Activity Notifications
- Select the minutes, hours, or days in advance that you wish to be notified of this scheduled Activity
- The first input box will allow you to enter numbers 0-99
- Enter any additional details and click the Schedule button when complete
- When your selected Notification date and time arrives, you’ll see a new Notification in the top right corner of Big Biller
- Worried about missing that notification in the software? You can also take advantage of browser notifications so you’ll be reminded even if you happen to be logged into Big Biller, but looking at another web page
- Just be sure to Allow bigbiller.topechelon.com to show notifications when prompted
- Once allowed, when your selected Notification date and time arrives, you’ll also receive a browser notification on top of the page you’re currently viewing
- Please note that all browsers handle notifications a bit differently, and for instructions on allowing those notifications in your browser of choice, click here