Recruiting is a relationship-building business. Our profession is no different than any other sales profession. People give their business to individuals they like, as well as to those who provide them with results. It is not your job to agree or disagree with your clients or candidates.
It is your job to identify the priorities of your clients so you can present top talent they will hire and also identify the priorities of your candidates so they will accept offers.
It is most advantageous for you to develop rapport with your clients and candidates. (Click here to read “12 Steps for Developing Candidate Rapport.”)
This rapport must be based on trust, and it’s important that they perceive you as an expert who can provide them with results. When you accomplish this level of rapport, you will enjoy a profitable relationship that will consistently result in higher levels of production.
Before you can achieve solid client rapport, they must understand that your job is to make them look good. They must sense your high level of commitment and always feel like a top priority.
10 Steps for Developing Client Rapport:
- Learn one personal fact with every third contact. Your clients would rather talk about themselves than listen to what you’re trying to sell.
- Always treat your clients like a priority and maintain a concerned, helpful, positive attitude.
- Provide a weekly update by phone every Friday on any open orders.
- Strive to become the best listener in this client’s life, their sounding board.
- Always emphasize the WIIFT (What’s In It For Them) of your client during every step of the placement process.
- Provide information on trends and their competitors.
- Survey your clients to receive their input and feedback.
- Under-promise and over-deliver.
- Inform your clients that it is your hope to become their trusted advisor.
- Provide them with your cell phone number and home phone number and remain accessible 24/7.
If you begin to implement these steps, you can develop more profitable relationships with your clients!
— — —
Barb Bruno, CPC/CTS is a guest writer for the Top Echelon Recruiter Training Blog, and you can hire her for your next conference or event or for in-house training. Barb’s training techniques have guided thousands to a higher level of sales and profits. She is best known for her methodical, easy-to-implement strategies that she shares with her audiences. Her enthusiasm is contagious! If you would like to hire Barb, please call 219.663.9609, email email@example.com, or visit Good as Gold Training online.