Welcome to our first in a series of Workflow Guides for Big Biller!
The subject of this guide will be Sales and Business Development Processes. We’ll focus on several concepts:
- Uploading lists of leads and contacts into the software
- Organizing your leads and prospects into a sales pipeline
- Tracking your activity and follow up calls
- Email marketing
- Creating client records and adding positions to fill
Below is a video covering our recommended Sales and Business Development Processes. For step by step instructions, please view the guide below the video.
Uploading lists of leads and contacts into the software
- To add an individual contact or company, follow the instructions for creating new records in Big Biller
- Be sure to pay attention to the Person or Company Type, depending on the type of record you are creating. For sales purposes, you’ll likely be labeling Person records as Contacts, Hiring Authorities, Prospects, or all of the above. In the case of Companies, you’ll want to use the Prospect or Client types.
- If you have a spreadsheet of contacts that you’ve sourced, you can use the Contact Importer to upload them
- Be sure to pay attention to the Person and Company types you assign in Step 3
- To find the created records easily after you’ve imported them, you can quickly create a Hotlist
Organizing your leads and prospects into a sales pipeline
- Now that you’ve added your contacts into the system, you’ll want to create a sales pipeline Hotlist with Categories to track them through your sales process
- When you’ve created the Hotlist, you can add your contacts to it individually or from another list, such as other Hotlists or a Search results list
Tracking your activity and follow up calls
- To work through your list of leads, you can use one of two different methods:
- After recording phone calls as Activities, be sure to set up follow up activities so that they’ll appear on your Planner and Daily Agenda
- After recording Activities, move your leads to the appropriate Category of your Sales Pipeline
- You can email contacts individually, or send a Mass Email to your entire Category in your Sales Pipeline to reach multiple contacts quickly
Creating client records and adding positions to fill
- Once you’ve obtained a position, and a prospect has become a client, be sure to change the Person and Company types for their records appropriately. You’ll likely want to remove the Prospect type, and make sure that your Person records are marked as Contact/Hiring Authority, and your Company records are marked as Client.
- Add the open position to your account through the Add a Job function to get the record ready for Recruiting. Be sure to assign the correct client and contact records to the Job!
Feel free to check out some of our other Workflow Guides as well: