Now that you’ve added People, Companies, and/or Jobs to Big Biller, let’s take a look at how to manage these records. This article will explain some of the different features you can use to customize, sort, and tailor these records to your needs.
Watching videos not your thing? Below is a step-by-step tutorial on how to navigate Big Biller –
All People, Company, and Job Order Datasheets are broken up into sections of information called cards. Cards can be reordered to customize the layout of your Datasheets. You’ll want to organize your cards in an order that is most important to you and your workflow.
To reorder cards on a Datasheet:
- Hover your cursor over the top left corner of a card you wish to move
- Your cursor should change to an open hand icon which allows you to click, hold, and drag the card to a new location on the Datasheet
If you have the proper permissions, you can also create and customize new cards for your People, Company, and/or Job Order records.
To create custom fields and cards:
- Expand the Sidebar in the top right corner of the software and click on the Settings icon
- Click to expand the My Agency section and then select Manage Custom Fields
If you need to made edits to a record on the fly, inline editing gives you the ability to change pieces of information on a Person, Company, or Job Order record without having to access the full edit screen.
To inline edit a piece of information on a record:
- Navigate to the corresponding record and locate the card you wish to edit
- Click the pencil icon in the top right corner of the card
- Make any necessary edits and click the Save button when complete
- After saving, you’ll notice that the record is immediately updated with your new change(s)
In addition to the cards, you’ll also find tabs for other parts of the record at the top of the screen.
- The Attachments tab will display any documents or files that you’ve attached to this record, as well as allow you to add new files
- The Activities tab will display all open and completed Activities that are related to this record
- Record Options is a drop-down menu that gives you access to tools for emailing, printing, duplicating (only on Companies and Jobs), and deleting the record.
You’ll also notice a couple of icons to the right of the tabs:
- The pencil icon will allow you to edit the entire record at once
- The pinned icon will allow you to pin this record to the Sidebar for quick access in the future