The Priority field on Job Order records is used to assign a level of importance to each of your Open Job Orders. Importance can be determined by a number of factors, but may include things like potential revenue, how quickly the client is looking to fill the position, your overall relationship with the client, etc.
Adding a priority to a Job allows you to designate it as an A, B, or C order with A being the highest level of importance. If no order priority is selected, this field will default to a priority of Not Specified.
Utilizing this field will allow you to sort all of your Open Jobs by Priority on the Jobs Dashboard.
Priority can be assigned from the add screen of a new Job Order, or as an inline edit to the General card on an existing Job’s Datasheet.
To assign Priority at the time a Job is entered:
- From the Add a Job page, enter all necessary details and navigate to the General card on the left side of the page
- Click to expand the Priority drop-down to assign an A, B, or C priority to this Job Order
- Remember, this can always be updated at a later date if the priority changes at any time
- Click the Save button in the bottom left corner of the page once all of the Job details have been entered
To assign Priority to an existing Job Order:
- Navigate to the corresponding Job’s Datasheet
- Locate the General card and click the pencil icon in the top right to inline edit the Priority field
- Click to expand the Priority drop-down menu
- Select the appropriate Priority from the list and click the Save button when complete