When a Person, Company, or Job Order record is deleted within Big Biller, they are initially transferred to the Deleted Records section before a permanent delete occurs. The deleted record will remain in this state for 30 days. If you wish to restore a deleted record (and have the proper permissions), you can do so at any point within that time frame. After 30 days however, a permanent delete of the record will automatically occur.
By default, all new users have access to manage (restore) deleted records.
Please note that the ability to set permissions for the management of deleted records is restricted to only those users that have permission to manage users.
To allow or restrict a user from managing deleted records:
- Expand the Sidebar in the top right corner of the software and click on the Settings icon
- Click to expand the My Agency section and then select Manage Users
- All users on the account will populate on the left side of the Manage Users page
- Click on the edit icon to the right of the person you wish to set deleted record management permissions for
- Under the user’s Permissions on the right side of the User Profile, click to expand the Agency section
- To the right of Manage Deleted Items, set the appropriate permission
- My = this user can only manage (restore) deleted records when they are listed as the Record Owner
- All = this user can manage (restore) all deleted records, regardless of Record Owner
- None = this user cannot manage (restore) deleted records
- Make sure to click the Save button in the bottom left corner once your changes have been made