Big Biller gives you the ability to create unlimited custom fields for People, Company, and Job Order records which are directly searchable. Because these fields are shared among all users within the firm, some managers choose to limit access for those that are able to manage (add, edit delete) custom fields.
By default, all new users have access to manage custom fields.
Please note that the ability to set permissions for the management of custom fields is restricted to only those users that have permission to manage users.
To allow or restrict a user from managing custom fields:
- Expand the Sidebar in the top right corner of the software and click on the Settings icon
- Click to expand the My Agency section and then select Manage Users
- All users on the account will populate on the left side of the Manage Users page
- Click on the edit icon to the right of the person you wish to set custom field management permissions for
- Under the user’s Permissions on the right side of the User Profile, click to expand the Agency section
- To the right of Manage Custom Fields, set the appropriate permission
- Yes = this user can manage (add, edit, delete) custom fields
- No = this user cannot manage (add, edit, delete) custom fields
- Make sure to click the Save button in the bottom left corner once your changes have been made