Occasionally, you may need to clear your browser’s cache due to issues that may arise within Top Echelon Recruiting Software. A browser’s cache is made up of saved files from websites that you frequently visit, and is intended to help speed up your browsing by eliminating the need to load up every single file from a website’s home server each time you visit the site.
Sometimes, the cache may contain files that are out of date or incorrect, which could lead to errors on the websites that you visit. If you run into such an error while using Internet Explorer, this article will show you how to clear your cache and make sure you’re running on the newest version of Top Echelon Recruiting Software.
To clear your cache in Internet Explorer:
- Click Ctrl + Shift + Delete on your keyboard
- Click on the Tools drop-down menu or the gear icon in the upper corner of the browser
- Select Safety and then click Delete browsing history…
- Select Temporary Internet files and website files (and anything else you wish to delete)
- Click the Delete button
- After clicking delete, you should see the image below in the bottom of your Internet Explorer browser
- Close ALL browser windows