Occasionally, you may need to clear your browser’s cache due to issues that may arise within Top Echelon Recruiting Software. A browser’s cache is made up of saved files from websites that you frequently visit, and is intended to help speed up your browsing by eliminating the need to load up every single file from a website’s home server each time you visit the site.
Sometimes, the cache may contain files that are out of date or incorrect, which could lead to errors on the websites that you visit. If you run into such an error while using Google Chrome, this article will show you how to clear your cache and make sure you’re running on the newest version of Top Echelon Recruiting Software.
To clear your cache in Google Chrome:
- Click Ctrl + Shift + Delete on your keyboard
- Click to expand the menu in upper right corner (looks like three vertical dots) and select History
- Click to expand the Advanced settings at the bottom of the page
- Select Clear browsing data
- Change the Clear the following items from drop-down menu to the beginning of time
- Check only the box to the left of Cached images and files (and anything else you wish to delete)
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button
- Close ALL browser windows