(By Matt Deutsch)
It’s a New Year . . . and a new format for the Big Biller newsletter. As we announced at the end of last year, the newsletter is returning to an every-month format in 2011. One reason: we want to communicate with you—our customers—on a more consistent basis, and the newsletter is one of the chief ways in which we communicate.
In the past, the newsletter has shown up in your email’s inbox in a two-column template format that was perhaps a bit tedious to read. In the interest of making the newsletter more inviting, we’re also changing its format in the New Year. If you’re reading this, you’re probably already somewhat familiar with this new format.
This month and throughout 2011, you’ll receive an email in your inbox. In that email will be a single link. Once you click on that link, you’ll be able to access all of the articles contained in that month’s edition of the newsletter. The link is connected to the Big Biller Training Blog, and the articles for that issue will be contained with a special tag for that month. For instance, all of the articles in this month’s issue are tagged “January 2011 Newsletter.”
You’ll be able to easily scroll through the articles and read them—or skim them—in their entirety on one page. One click, scroll, and skim. No narrow columns that force you to squint your eyes. No overload of information in a small space. Everything presented in a nice, orderly fashion and designed to provide you with the information you need in as little time as possible. (After all, at Big Biller, we’re all about saving you time.)
However, there’s another way to access the articles contained in each issue, and that’s on the main page of the Big Biller software. Under the “Big Biller News” area, there’s a section titled “Big Biller Training Blog.” All of the posts that are published in the blog (and that includes the newsletter articles) are also listed there. So conceivably, you could read the newsletter articles as they’re published, before we send out the newsletter email.
At Big Biller, we’re looking forward to a bigger and better year in 2011—both for the recruiting industry and also for the software. If you have any questions or suggestions, we encourage you to send them to us. We use your feedback to help make Big Biller the best it can be. Happy New Year!
-- -- --
(330) 455-1433, Ext. 125
(By Steve Miller)
Some of you may have spoken with me before, since I’m with Big Biller Tech Support. The reason you see me in the Big Biller newsletter is that I’m now conducting special online training webinar sessions for the Big Biller recruiting software every Friday. These sessions are scheduled for 1 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
There are a couple of things you should know about these webinar sessions:
- They’re designed primarily for new users, which means they cover the basics of the software. They’re not advanced-user sessions, so they may not be suitable for recruiters who have been using the software for an extended period of time or are more knowledgeable.
- However, all Big Biller users are welcome to attend these training sessions. Perhaps you feel that you need a refresher on some of the basics of the software, or you’d like to ask some questions, or both.
With that being said, before you attend "Big Biller Basic Training," you should watch a series of short training videos, so that you have a working knowledge of the software beforehand. This will help to enhance your "Basic Training" experience. You can access these videos by clicking on the links below:
Adding People, Records, and Resumes
Boolean Builder Search Feature
Creating and Managing Hotlists
An Overview of the Emailer
Adding Candidates to a Pipeline
Click this link five or 10 minutes prior to 1 p.m. every Friday in order to join the LiveMeeting session associated with that week's "Big Biller Basic Training."
The teleconference number is (702) 589-8300.
The teleconference pin number is 985105#.
Each session will last approximiately 35 to 40 minutes, and there will be Q&A afterward.
Click here in order to access the "Big Biller Training and Help Center."
The next “Big Biller Basic Training Session” is scheduled for 1 p.m., EST on Friday, January 7. If you have any questions, give us a call at (330) 455-1433.
-- -- --
(330) 455-1433, Ext. 135
(By Todd Bossler)
We recently finished our series of weekly “Training Tuesday” online webinar sessions, to coincide with the release of Big Biller Version 2.0. Now that the series is over, we’re returning to our regular schedule for “Training Tuesday.”
That schedule is this: there will be a “Training Tuesday” webinar session on the first Tuesday of every month. That session will deal with some aspect of the Big Biller recruiting software and will start at 1 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. The setup for the training sessions will be the same as it’s been in the past. I’ll send an email to all Big Biller users on the day of the training, and that email will contain the title of the training, a description, and a link to the LiveMeeting session associated with the training.
We held our first “Training Tuesday” session of the year this past Tuesday, January 4. The topic for that session was Big Biller’s Contact Importer. We’ll be posting the recorded version of that session in the Big Biller Training Blog in the near future, same as we’ve done with “Training Tuesday” sessions in the past.
In fact, below are links to our past few “Training Tuesday” sessions. I encourage you to view any that might be of interest to you.
'Training Tuesday'—How Hiring Hook Makes Social Media Simple
'Training Tuesday'—The Best Ways to Get Data into Big Biller
'Training Tuesday'—How to Use Big Biller Hotlists for Maximum Effect
These are just three of the many recorded “Training Tuesday” sessions that are located in the Big Biller Training Blog. If you missed any of the live sessions—or if you think you’d like a refresher on one of these topics—be sure to visit the blog to access the sessions. And don’t forget that the next “Training Tuesday” session for Big Biller users is scheduled for 1 p.m., EST on Tuesday, February 1.
I hope you’ll join us for our next “Training Tuesday!”
-- -- --
(330) 455-1433, Ext. 142
(By Todd Bossler)
Who doesn’t like sunshine, warm weather, and extremely affordable software training offered by yours truly? Nobody, as far as I can tell, and that’s why Big Biller is conducting a special on-site training session at The Westin Beach Resort in Ft. Lauderdale this spring.
The training is being held in conjunction with the Top Echelon Network National Convention, which is scheduled for Thursday, May 12, through Saturday, May 14. Below are some details for this training event:
- As stated above, I will be conducting this special training session.
- The date of the training is Friday, May 13. (That doesn’t scare you, does it?)
- The time of the training will be from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Eastern Standard Time.
- The location is The Westin Beach Resort, although at this time, we don’t know exactly where in the Resort the training will occur.
- The cost of attending this training event is $30 per person.
- There is NO online registration. In order to register, you must give us a call at (330) 455-1433 and provide us with a credit card number.
The new version of the Big Biller software was just released during the fourth quarter of 2010, so this training session will deal largely with the bells and whistles that the new version provides. We’ve received a lot of positive feedback about Big Biller Version 2.0, and there are even more upgrades and updates on the horizon.
Remember, if you have any questions—or if you’d like to register right now—give us a call at (330) 455-1433. I look forward to seeing you in sunny Fort Lauderdale!
-- -- --
(330) 455-1433, Ext. 142
- A new user agreement for Big Biller users will be officially released on Wednesday, December 1.
- Every user in your office will be required to “electronically sign” the new agreement on or before that date.
- The reason for the new agreement: to reduce complexity and bring the agreement up-to-date in terms of terminology and technology.
- Some of the major changes to the agreement: more mention of our website services, trials for our products, and the fact you no longer have to give us a 30-day notice before discontinuing your service.
The Full Story:
(By MARK DEMAREE)
Unfortunately, the world—especially the business world—is wrought with more and more complexity. At Top Echelon, we’re always striving to reduce complexity, especially as it pertains to our products and services for recruiters.
That’s one of the main reasons that we’ll soon be releasing a new user agreement for Big Biller software customers. Another reason is the fact that up until this point, we've had separate agreements for Big Biller, the Hiring Hook website plug-in, and Top Echelon Network. Now we'll be combining all of these separate user agreements into one . . . once again, reducing complexity in the process.
This new user agreement will go into effect on Wednesday, December 1. What does this mean for you?
- On that day—Wednesday, December 1—you’ll have to “electronically sign” the new agreement before you’re able to login to the software.
- The new agreement is for every user in your office. In other words, every recruiter in your firm who uses Big Biller will have to sign the agreement.
- Other than that, everything else will remain the same.
In this article, I’d like to highlight some of the major changes associated with our new agreement:
- The addition of verbiage for our website services—Recruiting websites now constitute a larger part of our business than they have in years past. As a result, additional verbiage in our agreement that address our website services was needed.
- The addition of verbiage for our free trials—Top Echelon offers free trials for both the Big Biller recruiting software and the Hiring Hook website plug-in. The new user agreement contains verbiage that now deals with both of these trial periods.
- You can leave us (but we don’t want you to)—In the past, Top Echelon could terminate a Big Biller user's account at any time, without advanced notice. However, in our previous agreement, a Big Biller user was required to give Top Echelon 30 days’ notice before discontinuing their account. That is no longer the case. You can leave Big Biller any time you would like, without advanced notice of any kind.
We’re currently in the process of creating a way in which our customers can access the agreement, read it, and even sign it prior to December 1. In fact, you'll be able to so by next week, far in advance of the deadline. It’s not required that you read and sign it before that date, but it’s certainly permissible for you to do so. More information about how you can do this will be published in the news section of the software.
If you have any questions about this article or about the new user agreement, please send them to MDemaree@TopEchelon.com.
(Mark Demaree is the President of Top Echelon. Connect with him on LinkedIn, follow him on Twitter, or join Top Echelon on Facebook.)